Photo Courtesy of Brent Davis In 1948 or 1949 the building on Washington Avenue, across from the Douglas County Herald, was the Hale Motor Company, owned by Billy Hale and selling Willys vehicles and Jeep parts. On the left is a Willys Jeepster, a two-wheel-drive touring coupe made between 1948 and 1950. On the right is a Willys pickup. After the Motor Company, Hale ran a hardware business from the same building for a number of years. Below is the building today, showing a large addition (that currently houses the Ava Art Guild) and an extended roofline. The left side of the building is currently being renovated.