Those still searching to find just the right resolution for 2020 –– one that will make a big difference –– may be interested in pursuing the gift of being a resource parent for a child in our community. The regional office of the Missouri Department of Social Services (DSS) is asking folks to consider helping a child in need of a good home environment.
To qualify for consideration, candidates must meet the following criteria:
• Be at least 21 years old;
• Complete a child abuse/neglect background check, criminal record and fingerprinting check;
• Be in good health physically and mentally;
• Have a stable income;
• Be willing to participate in and complete a free training and assessment process;
• Be part of a professional team willing to voice perspectives and concerns;
• Be willing to partner with the child’s family to work toward reunification.
The agency is asking residents to help in the effort, and by working together, the children will thrive.