Skip to content

Corps Advises Permission is Required Prior to Any Burning on Public Lands

BRANSON, Mo. – Army Corps of Engineers officials remind those who would like to help clean up and burn debris around the shoreline left by flooding at Table Rock Lake that they must first contact the duty ranger for permit and instructions before burning anything on public land.
After obtaining the one time permit, residents may pile driftwood on the shoreline on public land adjacent to their property or dock and burn it.  Only loose, downed driftwood may be burned.  No standing vegetation should be cut and burned.  Heavy equipment is not allowed (i.e. bobcat, backhoe, tractor, etc.) on public land.  Also, prior to burning, your local fire department must be notified.
Burning on public land without permission is a violation of Title 36 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations.  Title 36 outlines “Rules and Regulations Governing Public Use of Corps of Engineers Water Resources Development Projects” and helps protect the valuable natural resources on this public property.
To receive a permit application contact the duty ranger at 501-340-1935, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday or email  Permits will be available until Nov. 30.