Important Information Parents Need to Know
The start of another school year is just two weeks away, and Ava R-1 is announcing important information students and parents will need to know before school starts.
The first day of school will be Thursday, Aug. 17. However, prior to the first day of classes, open house events will be held as well as freshman orientation for high school students.
• Kindergarten Open House will be held Monday, Aug. 14, at 6 p.m.;
• Open house for 5th grade students making the transition to middle school will also be held on Aug. 14 at 6 p.m.
• District Open House will be held Tuesday, Aug. 15, from 5 to 7 p.m.;
• Freshman Link Crew will be from 1 to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 15, and
• Freshman Orientation will be held at 5 p.m. on Aug. 15, in the Ava Performing Arts Center (APAC).
Lunch prices will be:
Elementary students – 40¢ reduced; $1.70 full pay.
Middle/high school students – 40¢ reduced; $1.85 full pay.
Extra milk is 40¢ for all students.
Breakfast is free for all students.
Free and reduced lunch guidelines were published in the Herald last week and will be available to all students on the first day of school.