Skip to content

‘Good Save’ at Brookview Apartments

In the fire service it’s called a “good save” when a fire is extinguished with limited damage. The Ava Volunteer Fire Department made a good save at the Brookview Apartments on East Washington Avenue Monday morning.

The fire department was notified of a fire in a clothes dryer at the apartment complex around 8 a.m. Monday. Upon arrival, emergency personnel found fire in a dryer on the ground floor. The fire was immediately extinguished with damage limited to the laundry room and the dryer appliance itself, as well as whatever clothes were in the dryer.