Ava’s Walk To School Day scheduled for Wednesday morning was postponed due to rain and will be held next Tuesday, Oct. 11.
Locations where students will gather and walk to school together with adult leaders will remain the same as announced last week.
Ava Mayor David Norman issued a proclamation Monday for National Walk To School Day.
Meeting with the students at the various “Meeting Spots” will be teachers, high school leadership class members, and parents, as well as the mayor and members of the Ava City Council.
Meeting spots include:
• Upper park pavilion, NW 3rd Ave;
• Former Casey’s parking lot, E. Washington Ave. (Hwy. 14) and NE 5th St.
• Apartments at NE 13th Ave. and NE 10th St. Meet at the stop sign then we will walk to Prairie Creek Village/Ava Housing Authority on 11th Ave and meet students at the Prairie Creek Office.
• City Hall, SE 4th Ave. on Jefferson St.
• Subway parking lot on NW 12th Ave. (north side of road)
• Taco Bell parking lot NW 12th Ave. and NW 10th St. (south side of street).
• Foxtrot Apartments, NE 8th Ave.
Leaders will be at each of these locations by 7:30 and will begin the walk to school at 7:40 a.m.
If a walking route passes your house, you can join the group as they come by your house between 7:40 and 8 a.m.
Elementary students who walk to school on their own and not with one of the groups should check in with Coach Lehmann at the crosswalk when they arrive at school.
Middle school students will be entered in a drawing if they walk to school. If you walk to school on your own, see Coach Lehmann at the crosswalk to enter your name in the drawing.
If you have questions, contact Ann Leonard at 417-683-4717; [email protected]
A Fall Family Fun and Fitness Fun Run is being planned for Friday, Nov 11. More details on this will be coming soon.