Request For Qualifications
Ava R-I School District
The Ava R-I School District in Ava, Missouri is soliciting qualifications for Design services to be executed during the design and construction of proposed HVAC and roofing improvements. These improvements will include but not be limited to modernizations of mechanical, electrical, and roofing systems.
The Designer/Construction Administrator (aka. District’s Representative) is expected to provide a full range of pre-construction and construction phase services. Qualified firms should respond with three copies of a written proposal to include the following information:
- Key personnel of the firm and their educational background, experience, and qualifications.
- List experience with respect to educational projects where full design services were provided.
- Educational design experience and in-house capabilities of design services are desired by the District.
- Past record of performance of the firm regarding quality of work, ability to work within budget constraints, ability to meet schedules, and follow-up on building problems after substantial completion.
- Information about the company.
- References from a minimum of five public school districts for whom services has been performed where pre-construction design services were provided and work packages were bid to trade contractors within the last three years.
- A minimum of three financial references.
All submissions are to be sent to the attention of the Superintendent of Schools, Ava R-I, PO Box 338 /507 NE 3rd Street, Ava, MO 65608 and must be received by 4 p.m. CST, April 20, 2015.
The District has the right to accept or reject any or all proposals and to waive any informality in the review process.
Facility enhancements are to be funded by a lease/purhcase and include HVAC and roofing upgrades.
The following specific services are to be provided by the Design Firm (District Representative):
- Identify project goals with District Administration
- Develop conceptual estimates for project components
- Develop design and construction documentation
- Develop perspective bidders list and obtain well-defined bids
- Develop bid packages for specific projects
- Review, qualify bids and recommend contract award
- Negotiate contract with selected subcontractor, including predetermined labor rates and markups
- Issue AIA contracts on behalf of district
The following activities are to be provided in conjunction with and at the direction of District Administration:
- Coordinate design review and submittal process
RFQ SUBMISSION EVALUATION
Initial screening of all proposals shall be evaluated by a team of District and/or Board of Education representatives. The evaluation team may conduct phone interviews with finalists to clarify information provided in the proposals. Following this evaluation, the committee will make a recommendation and The Board will select a Qualified Provider and issue a Letter of Intent to proceed. The District reserves the right to reject any and all proposals in whole or in part and/or not select a proposer. This RFQ does not commit District to award a contract, to pay any costs incurred by any proposer in preparing a proposal, to procure or contract any services or to adhere to any predetermined schedule or timelines of events.
If a proposal includes any proprietary data or information, such data or information must be specifically identified as such on every page on which it is found. Data or information so identified will be used by the District solely for the purposes of evaluating proposals and conducting contract negotiations, provided all proposers understand and acknowledge that proposals made in response to this RFQ may become matters of public record pursuant to Missouri law applicable to public entities and proposers shall be deemed fully aware of that possibility upon submission of a proposal.
MODIFICATION OR WITHDRAWAL OF PROPOSAL
Any proposal may be withdrawn or modified by written request of the respondent, provided such request is received by the District at the above address prior to the date and time set for receipt of proposals.
RIGHT TO REJECT
In submitting this proposal, it is understood by the respondent that the right is reserved by District to accept any proposal, to reject any and all proposals as non-responsive and to waive any irregularities or informalities when to do so is in the best interest of the District.
COST OF PROPOSAL PREPARATION
The cost of preparing a response to this RFQ will not be reimbursed by the District.