Skip to content

Ava Fire Department Responds to House Fire

The Ava City Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 600 block of NE 7th Street Monday night that resulted in minor damage.

The fire, which apparently started around an electrical outlet, was contained to one area of the wall.

However, the fire also burned a large hole in the back of a sofa sitting next to the wall, and had it not been detected early, could have resulted in major damage to the residence.

The fire department was dispatched at 8:30 and completed the call just after 9 p.m. The homeowner, Matthew Horwath, suffered minor burns to his hands and arms.