Construction on Town & Country Bank’s new 7,156 square foot location took a ceremonial first step forward with a groundbreaking ceremony on Oct. 7. The public was invited to the event and Douglas County native Wayne Gott gave a brief history of the bank for the gathered crowd.
The building will be located on the corner of Highway 5 & 14 in Ava (across from the bank’s current facility at that intersection). It will feature four teller windows, eight offices for new accounts and lending, a conference room, two internet stations, three drive-thru lanes and a drive-thru ATM.
“This location has a long history…several great businesses were here on Davis Corner. We are excited to make this an attractive intersection once again,” says Branch Manager Bart Ellison. “Town & Country Bank worked closely with several state and local officials to prepare the site. We’d like to specifically thank Carol Eighmey and Lisa Loftis with the Petroleum Storage Tank Insurance Fund (PSTIF), Karen Schaeffer and Associates of Sunbelt Environmental Company and Peggy Porter and Janice Lorraine with the City of Ava for their expertise.”
“And now the fun work begins,” continues Ellison. “Tiedemann & Associates along with several Ava area subcontractors have begun construction. Our building should be completed and ready to serve our customers in 2014.”
Town & Country is a locally-owned bank with a charter that dates back to 1894. In the 119 years since the bank first opened its doors, it has grown to be one of the largest community banks in South Central Missouri with more than $500 million in assets. In March 2004, the bank purchased two locations in Ava and one in Mountain Grove. Town & Country Bank now employs more than 150 employees among its 11 branches.